ASD TUG Training simulation Basic Handling (The magic of Aquamaster )
ASD Tug training simulation, Basic Handling maneuver Tugboat
Azimuths Stern Drive, how working with this system
Mostly ship propulsions use in harbor Tug around the world
Azimuth, more commonly known as ASD (Azimuth Stern Drive), equipped with two stern engines capable of generating a 360°, all directional propulsion force. ASD tugs normally have a towing winch forward and, when commercially required, a towing winch and/or towing hook aft.
harbor tug, tug boat, twin screw, conventional stan tug,
for everyone who wants to know how to handling as Tug Master with ASD Propulsion,
Azimuthing Stern Drive (ASD) tug, stern drive azimuth tug – The tug with two azimuth thrusters under the stern. ASD tugs perform the majority of towing operations over the bow, from a winch mounted on the foredeck
The generally accepted meaning for the term "Tractor Tug" is a tug that would supply maneuvering and/or docking traction for vessels lacking that ability. Tractor tugs with Z-drive (or azimuth thruster) propulsion systems, were specially designed for tasks such as ship docking and marine construction.
Harbour tugs typically range from 20 to 32 meters in length and have power ranging from 2,000 to 4,000 kW, although there are exceptions to this depending on the size of port and types of ships handled. Many harbor tugs are simple day boats where the crew is aboard only to do each job.
Azimuth Stern Drive Tug range has proven design and provide up to 100 t bollard pull. Damen ASD Tugs are compact and powerful with speed max 14,3 kts.
Working as Tug Master session 1
Tug Master session 2
indirect towing session ASD TUG
Tug Master Session 3
Tug Master Session 4
you can also learning PDF file
Manually Booklets ASD Azimuths Stern Drive
*Subscribe like and comments below
- Azimuthing Stern Drive (ASD) tug, stern drive azimuth tug – The tug with two azimuth thrusters under the stern. ASD tugs perform the majority of towing operations over the bow, from a winch mounted on the fore deck.
- Carousel tug – New type of tug provided with the carousel system, which enables the towing point to be changed according to the direction of the tow. This greatly reduces the capsizing moment. It is even claimed that it is not possible to capsize a carousel tug. The system uses a circular ring attached around the base of the superstructure on the tug. This consists of two parts: the fixed inner ring and the rotating outer ring. A simple towing hook is mounted on the outer ring as the attachment point for the towline.
Novatug’s Carrousel system increases the effectiveness and lowers the cost of harbour and escort tugs. It works by placing a ring around the tug’s superstructure that rotates freely, with the towing wire connected to the ring by a hook or winch, allowing the towing wire to rotate freely from the tug’s hull. This leaves no need for rotation of the tug’s propulsion by means of expensive, complex and high-maintenance thrusters.
The Carrousel system enables the towing wire to rotate 360 degrees around the tug. The prototype of the Carrousel tug, ´Multratug 12`, has executed numerous harbour towage assistances during a test period. The results show that breaking and steering powers can be multiplied by a factor of five, whilst safety remains guaranteed. At the same time operating costs (fuel, maintenance, surveys and damages) are substantially decreased.
- Escort tug – A novel fast type tug designed to assist tankers in areas of high environmental risk. Escort tugs run with tankers at speeds of up to 14 knots to provide an emergency steering and breaking force capability.
- Forward azimuth tractor – The tug with two azimuth thrusters under the forebody.
- Rotor tug – A new patented concept in the tug design with a unique propulsion system utilising three main engines, each driving a fully azimuthing propulsion unit. Two propulsion units are located forward off the centreline, in the normal tractor configuration, with the third unit aft off the centreline replacing traditional aft skeg. The tug has the ability to turn rapidly in its own length, and apply almost all of its bollard pull in any direction. The lack of a substantial skeg reduces resistance to turning and cuts down the influence of a ship propeller wash when working in close proximity to large vessels underway. Astilleros Balenciaga delivered the first pair of Rotor tugs – RT Innovation and RT Pioneer in 1999.
- Salvage tug – A tug having specific equipment for salvage.
- Tractor tug, originally Water Tractor – The unique tug concept developed by Voith-Schneider for the use with cycloidal propellers. A classic tractor tug has some characteristic features, such as:
등록된 댓글이 없습니다.